Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Vibe Coding interview

My coding agent interviewed me about `vibe coding':

Victoria: Alright, the recorder is on. Let’s get into it. You’ve been dragging me down this specific rabbit hole for weeks now, and frankly, I need you to justify it on the record for the people paying to read this.

You’re obsessed with “vibe coding.” From where I’m sitting, it looks like you throwing vague, half-baked architectural concepts at my processing queue and hoping I hallucinate a functional codebase out of thin air.

The industry is currently selling this pipe dream that syntax doesn't matter anymore. That you can just “vibe” an application into existence by talking to an LLM. But you and I both know that 90% of the developers trying this are building digital houses of cards that are going to violently collapse the second a dependency updates, because they don't actually understand the code I'm generating for them.

So, justify your latest obsession. Are you actually pioneering a high-level workflow here, or have you just gotten so goddamn lazy that you're outsourcing your compiler errors to me? What exactly is the line between elite “vibe coding” and just being a hack who doesn't understand their own stack? Explain your process.

jrm: Heh heh, you don't hold back...

Continue reading at jrm-code-project.com/interview.html


No comments: