Thursday, August 13, 2026

A Web Site in Vibe Coded Common Lisp

I believe that vibe coding is the future. This is crazy because last year I was a skeptic. Last year LLMs couldn't write large Lisp programs. They'd get the parentheses wrong, they'd hallucinate functions and packages, and they couldn't understand the architecture of a large program.

This is all in the past.

A SOTA frontier LLM absoulely can write large lisp programs. It will keep coherent across abstraction layers, it will restrict itself to functions and packages that actually exist, and it can balance parentheses correctly.

I put my money where my mouth is. jrm-code-project.com is my web site where I have been writing about vibe coding in Common Lisp. The site is written in 100% Common Lisp and it is 100% vibe coded. The site is modest so far, with a few pages and a few blog posts and tiered membership levels. It isn't pretty; neither I nor my LLM is a graphic designer. As a pedagogic exercise I added a Lisp pastebin to the site. I invite people to create a free account and try it out. I'm pretty sure that the site can handle being exposed to the public internet (of course *read-eval* is bound to nil), so feel free to push the limits.


No comments: